7 Things To Remember When You're Scaling Your Business…
Before you start scaling your business, there are some things you should know and keep in mind to help you along the way.
- Have a Goal or Specific Intention: It's great to set your mind to scaling your business, but what exactly are you trying to achieve? If you want to generate more sales, what is the exact amount you want to receive and how often? If you want to work with more clients, how many more and who are they? Without the specifics, it is more difficult to recognize at what point you achieve your goal.
- Be clear on what you are offering: Many businesses expand what they offer as they scale their business. Is this something you need to do? Attempting to scale your business with only one income stream is hard and is difficult to sustain over time. Consider building a collection of complementary services to help you scale.
- Develop a FLEXIBLE Plan: I love the whole concept of planning, but one thing I also build into my plans is flexibility. 2020 was a prime example of why we should approach planning with an open mind. If your plans are too rigid, and something unexpected occurs, you may put unnecessary stress on yourself to achieve your goals.
- Don't try to do it alone: Having a support system and/or team around you when you're focusing on growing your business is a must, even is it's just a friend who'll come on board as an accountability buddy. Look at what you're good at and enjoy in your business. Find ways to delegate all the rest. It will save you so much time and give you the headspace to focus on the task in front of you – scaling your business.
- Get all your ducks in a row: Look closely at how your business operates. How simple is it for a client to sign up for your service? Are there any processes you could simplify to make it easier for you to run your business or provide a better experience for your clients? Focusing on this now will alleviate any potential bottlenecks in your processes as you scale. Invest the time now, it will pay off down the line.
- Find the right technology: Make technology work for you and your business. Assess whether the software and hardware you currently use are going to serve you as you grow. Consider if technology could be used to automate a process you currently complete manually. You needn't make the investment now, but include it in your plan for the future and build around the intention of introducing it at a later date.
- Make time for yourself: This is probably the most important point to remember when you're scaling your business. It's so easy to get caught up in the planning for and growing your business, that you forget to look after yourself. Factor in time to do things you enjoy and find relaxing. Make this non-negotiable and it will help you maintain your motivation and energy to realize your goals.
Investing the time to preparing for the growth of your business will make the process so much easier and quicker!
Business Check Up
1:1 SUPPORT TO PREPARE YOUR BUSINESS FOR THE NEXT LEVEL
Have you decided to take your business to the next level?
Want help to ensure your business is ready to scale?
Together we'll discover areas which need some attention, create an action plan, and identify ways to save you time and money.
90 minute 1:1 session plus 7 days of support